Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I'm so glad when daddy comes home...


I know this song is for primary kids, but lately I've really learned the meaning of these words as well! It's nice when Joe comes home and can take care of Hayes for a bit so I can take a little break and get something done.. like showering... haha. Hayes always has a big smile on his face when he hears Joe's voice. He's such a sweet daddy! We had a wonderful Father's Day this year. I realize everyday how blessed I am to have Joe as a husband to raise a family with. Being a parent also makes me really appreciate my parents and I know how lucky I am to have my dad in my life. My dad is the most selfless person I know. Growing up my dad was a big part of my life and always took time to help me and support me in whatever I was doing. I spent so many hours with my dad doing homework assignments, throwing a softball, and pretty much anything else I needed help with he was right there. He was always the loudest of anyone cheering at my games (sometimes to my embarrassment) or even cheering for me while I was cheering at a game, but I knew he was there supporting me! He is the greatest example and has taught me so much. Oh, how I love these men in my life!

3 comments:

  1. I honestly think that song was written for MOTHERS not kids! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Princess for your love and thoughts - wish we were closer - we love your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so cute hav.. you are such an amazing mom!!! love you!

    ReplyDelete