Sunday, July 24, 2011

Little Vacation

Joe went to Lake Powell with his friend Corey's family this last week and so he dropped us off and Hayes and I had our own little vacation in Blanding. Some people acted surprised I "let" him go to Lake Powell without me, but I was perfectly content spending some time in Blanding and just hanging out with my mom and dad most of the week. Mom kept me entertained! We did a little Zumba, made a carseat cover with Laici, had the Johnson girls up for a luncheon, went to a little paparazzi jewelry shop a lady in Blanding does and got some cute stuff, painted some picture frames so I could do a wall collage, and watched a movie or two. Hayes and I really missed Joe though! The week before Joe was pretty sick and so I wouldn't let him really touch Hayes.... I know, so sad.... but I didn't want a sick baby! So when Joe came back from the Lake feeling a lot better, Hayes was happy to play with his daddy again! Before we traveled back to Orem, Joe and I went out to recapture and floated out on the tube to get a little sun. (MUCH needed sun for me) It was so nice, there was only like one other person on the whole lake. So relaxing. Now it's back to the grind- Joe hasn't been to work for awhile because he was sick and then went to Lake Powell and I don't think either of us are ready for him to go back! Ah well, such is life! It was a good break!
Working on our carseat covers at Laici's.
Jacelyn wanted to pretend sew.
Girls luncheon. Look at that delicious cake Ginger made for Amber's birthday!Me and Little Hayes just hanging out.We brought the swing down with us because Hayes just loves to nap in it now!
On our way to recapture to soak up some rays.

1 comment:

  1. He's gotten even cuter than he was! Yay for getting a break and relaxing...it's a much needed mommy thing... :)

    ReplyDelete