Sunday, February 3, 2013

Hayes - 21 Months

My baby is almost 2!  Where does the time go?? (Am I going to ask that every time I write one of these posts? Why, yes. Yes I will.) Hayes is still just the light of our lives.  We are so proud he is our little boy and think he is the cutest thing.  His sweet moments outweigh his tantrums like 80/20 so it’s been a really good age for us :) But really, from about 15-19 months he was a tantrum throwing machine that required large amounts patience.  He has been soo sweet and loving lately,  I wish I could push pause on time for a while. I just love this boy!

He talks and talks and says the funniest things.   He can speak in full sentences and phrases like such a big boy.

Favorite Hayes Quotes:

 

“Hmmmm… Let’s see….”  (While looking in the fridge or pantry)
“Let’s do it!!” 
“Did you hear dat?!”
“Oh, yes!”
“Yay! I did it!!”
“Thank you, Mommy”
“Thanks, Dad.”
“I like you, mom.”
"I see you down der!"
“Whas wrong mommy?” or “What happened?” He is so concerned if he thinks I’m sad.
“I love it!!”

Oh man, I need to record him more because he is a crack up. He recognizes and can say the names of most letters in the alphabet.  If we are out and about and he sees a big sign, like a store sign, he will say, “letters!” or he’ll point out one of the letters he knows.  Apparently, we still think he is a genius.  Except when he tries to eat the cookies out of his book… then I realize we still have some work to do. Haha.

He weighs a whopping 27 lbs. and wears 2T clothes and size 7 shoes.  We’re sure he is going to be the best big brother someday (not an announcement) because he is so sweet to his teddy bears and little guys that go in his trucks.  It melts me every time he sings to them or tucks them in his crib for bed.  A couple times I have heard him say a prayer and then say, “Sleep good. Love you,” then walk out and close the door.  Also, his prayers go something like this, “Blessings. Christ, amen.” So he’s got the basics :)

He is a momma’s boy and gives me big “squeezes,” all day long. We’re kind of attached at the hip.  He also loves when daddy comes home from work because that means wrestling and rough housing time!  He is full of energy, but that is nothing new!  He’s pretty much been moving non-stop since day 1. We love that active little guy.  

I continue to be humbled by the responsibility of being a mother and find myself being bettered for it.  I don’t know what I expected when I had a baby but I definitely didn’t realize how hard it was going to be or how much it was going to change me.  I also didn’t comprehend the love a mother has for her children.  It’s no small task God places on a mother’s shoulders but it is the greatest experience and calling.  I’m so grateful that Hayes is so loving and forgiving of my weaknesses.  He is such a blessing in our home!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Hayes is growing up! I hope I can see him before heading into the MTC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cool that he knows the alphabet! What a smartie pants! :)

    ReplyDelete