Saturday, February 21, 2015

Love Day

I'm not sure why, but I tend to get pretty into holidays.  Maybe it's because I'm bored and it gives me something to channel my creativity into.. Maybe it's because it usually means treats will be involved? Could be a number reasons really... Anyway, this 3rd trimester has been good to me thus far and I'm finally feeling back to my normal, don't want/need to go back to bed by 10 a.m. self.  Sooo.. that means my little adventures and projects and crafts are back in full swing! My poor boys are going to have to live with this cutesy, cheesy mom for the rest of their lives.  I thought I'd share some of the crafts and activities we did leading up to Valentines Day and then some of our Valentines Day fun. 

Homemade Valentine Bow & Arrow


The boys contributed to the project by going on a walk and finding sticks with me! 
We maybe used 1/10 of the great sticks that were found :)


A Homemade Backdrop


I made a total mess taping up a bunch of newspaper so we could do a little Valentine "photo shoot."
Hayes and I have a tradition of sending Valentine's to his grandparents and I thought some pictures of these cuties would make the perfect Valentine!
I know they're not professional but.. it's the thought that counts right?! 
Cohen had the best day of his life ripping the newspaper off the walls when we were done..


Valentine Cards


We spent one morning making some simple Valentine cards to send our fab pictures in.
Hayes drew some really great stick figure people and a few "race cars"..
We added a couple of stamps, stickers and string and.. Voila! Our Valentine's cards were born and sent in the mail.

Fruit Loop Hearts


We didn't get enough Valentine goodness in yet so we embarked on one more sweet Valentine craft.
Pipe cleaners- Fruit Loops- String- Scissors
Pretty self explanatory, right? 
Cute Hayes was all business!
Start to finish, this maybe took 10 minutes. Which is about as long as Hayes will stay interested anyway!
Cohen, however, kept snacking on those Fruit Loops long after. :) Love that kid.
Who wouldn't want a giant Fruit Loop heart around their neck?!


Valentine's Day



We woke up on "Valentine's Day Eve" and just had to make heart shaped sugar cookies! It's tradition!
Hayes and I decorated them later that day while Cohen napped.
There's sure to be good conversation while hanging out with a 3 year-old. 


Joe brought me home a pretty bouquet of flowers and we went on our Valentine's date Friday night.
Sorry, this photo is a little awkward.... I have a habit of covering up my prego belly :/

The boys woke up to movie night baskets and a Valentine themed breakfast.
Hayes could barely wait for the day to be over so we could have our movie night haha.
I've found it doesn't take much extra to make these things feel special and it makes all the difference for little ones!
My little Valentines!
Later we delivered some yummy Valentines to friends and family!
Isn't he cute?!
I have to add that Joe surprised me with the double stroller I'd been eyeing! So excited! Also, a cute Lulu Lemon work out outfit. Although, it won't look so cute on for at least a few months :/ haha.

I love Valentines Day! And I really love all of my Valentines! Can you believe I will have 4 cute boys to love on next Valentines Day?!

No comments:

Post a Comment