Sunday, March 20, 2011

Woe Is Me

I'd mostly like to dedicate this post to complaining so if you were thinking about reading it, you probably don't really want to- this is really for my benefit.

List of Complaints

1. I want my voice back- I lost it on Friday night and it keeps getting worse. It's just frustrating not being able to talk. Plus I think it's easier for Joe to pretend he didn't hear me.

2. I want to sleep. For some reason my illness peaks at night and my body refuses to sleep through it. I've been getting about 3-5 hours of sleep the last few nights and that is just not enough. I miss my Nyquil- I will never take it for granted again.

3. I haven't been able to walk on my treadmill since Monday. I always feel so much better after an hour walking with my little weights on the treadmill and I've been feeling so sick and weak that I haven't gotten that boost at all. Ugh.

4. I feel like I've been some sort of sick for a year now! On top of my strep throat/not being able to breathe, I've been getting morning sickness AGAIN- yuck.

5. I don't think I've stopped complaining all week... lucky husband... and today is Joe's birthday! Ahh I'm the worst.  Since I was up at 5 a.m. I figured the least I could do was make him a big breakfast in bed.  Immediately followed by throwing up in the bathroom because cooking the bacon got to me... No Sunday breakfast for me :( But he told me it was delicious, and I'm thinkin it probably was due to I'm a pretty good breakfast maker :)


On a lighter note, I've got to say how sweet my husband is and came up with the idea to have a "sick party" with me.  Last night I took a bath and came out to our big blow up mattress set up in the living room with tons of blankets and pillows all laid out to watch our movies.  Also, a nice cup of hot cocoa for my throat, my bottle of ice water, a bunch of cough drops, and a roll of toilet paper set to the side. How cute is that? haha. Love my husband!

Joe getting the sick party started!

3 comments:

  1. how cute of joe!!! hav you are gorgeous and i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. take unisom! its ok to take while being pregnant! you will get lots of sleep! get better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven…you are a tiny little pregnant lady!!! I love your baby room!!! You are going to be such a cute mom:).

    ReplyDelete