Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hunger Games Conclusions

So I never wrote how I felt about the Hunger games after I finished them... I just have a few thoughts... For anyone that cares..

1. They were a good way to take up time while waiting not so patiently for Hayes to arrive. Plus I think I'm the last person I know to finally read them.

2. I really think they made me physically ill sometimes- my tummy was always tied up in knots and I was reading so anxiously.

3. I really needed a longer, happier, wrapped up ending at the end of those few days of reading none stop. And I agree with anyone who said the first two books were better than the third.

4. I kept wanting someone to discuss them with and Joe was not so interested. Mostly, he just laughed every time I said the names Katniss or Peeta... "Peeta? Like the bread?"

5. Overall entertaining and I'm excited to see the movies!!

Random side note: Every time I read books I get in this weird mindset where I narrate my own life inside my head all day... I don't mean to do it, but it just happens. For example as I walk into a grocery store, inside my head I'm saying, "As I walked through the doors I breathed in the familiar grocery store smell, while trying not to make eye contact with the scary bearded man to my left I scanned the sticky shopping carts that screamed of slobbering babies, dirty little kids, and germy, never been washed hands, to determine which was the best pick." Seriously, what is wrong with me!? I'm a freak! haha. I will do this ALL DAY no matter what I'm doing. Glad I'm done reading and don't constantly feel the need to write a book inside my head all day...... I know anyone who just read that thinks I'm crazy now.

2 comments:

  1. Haha Haven! About the narrating in your head, I do that too! That is so funny. =] 9 days and you get to see your baby, that is so exciting! Congratulations and I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom does weird things like that - I of course am as normal as they come. You inherited it from your mother!

    ReplyDelete