Sunday, December 11, 2011

Mother's Lounge

Hayes was on one ALL through church today. When I had to change his diaper before sacrament even rolled around I knew  it was going to be a long three hours.  (He hates those diaper stations. I think they remind him of the doctor's office.) During sacrament he was doing everything he could to try to get off of our laps.  I'm not sure where he thought he was going to go when he got off, but he was not going to sit still.  The 2 little kids in front of us were trying to entertain him, which was sweet, but peek-a-boo got a little annoying after 30 minutes.... haha. The rest of church was much of the same and by the time the opening exercises in relief society were over I was EXHAUSTED.  I'm pretty sure every lady was just watching Hayes and I, because he was being soo noisy and throwing toys everywhere (He's got an arm. I guess he takes after his momma :)).  So, I gave up and for the rest of church Hayes and I retreated to the rocking chair in the mother's lounge.  He looked at himself in the mirror and continued to make all sorts of noises, but it wasn't stressing me out in there.  Another mom came in and fed her baby, then left. (Insert awkward small talk in there somewhere) I think she was wondering why I was just sitting in there.... But I didn't care.  Luckily, when I got home, Hayes and I got to take an amazing 2 hour nap and by the time I woke up Joe had our whole house so clean.  Don't you love it when that happens?! Ahh... naps and a clean house are 2 of the most wonderful things. Now I'm looking forward to the rest of a lazy Sunday. Just feeling extra thankful for that mother's lounge today.
Hayes loves having daddy all to himself on Sundays. 

3 comments:

  1. hahaha i love this!!! i can just picture the awkward small talk! i would probably go chill in the mothers lounge anyways... sounds kind of exclusive and nice haha cutest little family ever award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have had SO many of those moments in church! I hear ya. Once he learned to walk but wasn't old enough for nursery, sometimes we'd just take Eli for walks outside around the building, haha. Your house looks cute, are you loving it? Hey, do you have the same entertainment center as Amanda too??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amb, I know! I'm in there all the time haha it's nice. Annie, I can't even imagine what church will be like once Hayes is mobile. Yes, we are loving the house! I need to post some pics huh? We have the same model as Cody and Amanda in a diff. color! I fell in love with your big entertainment center and started looking for one! haha. I love it.

    ReplyDelete