Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Hawaii

Warning: This post is pretty long... I thought about splitting it into 2 posts to shorten it a bit but... I didn't feel like it.
Joe and I decided to plan a fun get away to Oahu, Hawaii.
Mostly Joe... I was hesitant to leave Hayes but he ended up having a blast at my parents house.
Fortunately, I was able to have fun too :)
It wasn't until Mother's Day that I got pretty homesick for Hayes, and we were going home the next day so it was okay. 
It was really nice to spend a whole week with the hubs, relax and do whatever we pleased.
It was kind of weird too- it was almost like I didn't know how to relax and not worry about anything.
Anyway, it was a ton of fun! It was good to have a break.
Here's a picture overload from our trip!
Walking around the resort.
Story... So we were walking around the resort the first night and this couple tells us they are renewing their vows after 30 years of marriage. They proceeded to ask me to be their photographer for the ceremony. Random? Yes. Joe captured me, capturing their special moments. The Hawaiian pastor was so classic.
Turtle Bay at sunset.
This is me being sad because it started raining.
We did a lot of relaxing on the beach.


The little guy in the distance is Joe :)
Hurry, go stand by the sign.

Enjoying some wine tasting at the resort.... J/k. Maybe some pineapple juice.
Just a pose.
Getting ready for Waimea Valley hike.
Seriously, so pretty there!!
Joe swimming in the waterfall at the end of the hike.
Waimea Falls.
Turtle Bay. Ahh..
Gorgeous temple grounds in Laie.


Temple visitor center
Visit to the Dole Plantation.
Pineapple ice cream! Yumm!!

Delish.
Pineapple gardens.
Fishpond.  Those fish were crazy.
Just doin' some hula.

Walking around Honolulu at night.
Beach hula show. I loved it. They had these along the beach all weekend.
Pearl Harbor.

Pearl Harbor.

Pearl Harbor.

You can't really tell, but Joe is posing like the statue in the background. Silly Joe.

Smoothie on the beach. Life is rough :)
Ocean time.
We enjoyed A LOT of shaved ice.
The mall over there is huge!! I couldn't pass up these little TOMS for Hayes.
One of my favorite parts of the trip. Snorkeling at Hanauma Bay.
Getting ready to do some snorkeling.
Whose that good lookin' lifeguard? Oh wait, that's my husband!
Pretty view.
The food over there is ridiculously expensive!! We ate at Costco a few times. Love me some gelato!

The End.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't hawaii so beautiful!

    It wasn't too long ago that Grant and I were on the exact same island, doing a lot of the same things. Fun time!

    ReplyDelete