Friday, May 18, 2012

Hayes is ONE!!

To say the past year has flown by would be- well a lie.  Although it has been an amazing year, it has been both long and hard!! I wouldn't trade it for anything but holy cow, all the stress, fatigue, worrying, loving, playing, diaper changing, patience practicing, bath giving, entertaining, teaching, feeding, soothing etc. can WEAR A GIRL OUT! I look back at the year and just laugh at myself.  All the naive things I did, and tricks I tried with Hayes to get him to sleep, or eat, or try to get him to roll over, etc. are just ridiculous quite honestly.  But, I have to give myself a break because I'm learning too. Hayes was just our little guinea pig baby. I know every baby is different but I think I may have a better handle on things the next time around! :)

I love this boy so much! I never knew my heart could be so full. It doesn't hurt that I have such a cute, sweet little guy either. He is so much fun these days! He's a little smarty too! He is just full of curiosity and wants to see and explore everything around him. Hayes rarely crawls anymore- he is walking everywhere. He is super friendly and often waves at people we pass at the grocery store. Some additional words Hayes can say this month are-

-push- he really likes buttons and turning on & off lights
-shoes- he is constantly bringing me shoes to put on my feet
-ca- car- he would play in the car all day if I let him, and he loves the little car gma & gpa andelin got him for his birthday too
-no- while shaking his head when he knows he's doing something he's not supposed to :)
-ba ba- bye bye as he waves  
-doe- door- he wants to go outside all the time
-moo- although he will rarely say it, we taught him what a cow says 

... there are probably more but that's all I can think of right now. Hayes will also say a lot of things that aren't really words but I know what they mean.  He does new things all the time that just crack us up.  He is so loving and if he has been playing with toys by himself for awhile he will stop to come give me a hug and then go back to playing. He is really smiley and likes to show off. He often claps for himself when he does something like stacking blocks. He is so full of life and energy!

I'm loving watching Hayes grow.  I've been a little bit sad because I feel like he's not going to be my baby for very much longer, but he just gets more fun all the time.  Joe and I feel so blessed to have Hayes in our lives.  We love our Hayesy pants!





1 comment:

  1. cutest little family seriously hot dang.

    ReplyDelete