Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Getting Creative

I have had to get creative to keep Hayes entertained this winter.  It is beyond cold outside, so we have had to find indoor projects to keep us busy! I try to do an activity or something crafty with Hayes most days.  The same toys and Sesame Street episodes can only take up so much of the day :) Just thought I'd document some of our activities.
"Sensory tubs" are always a hit with Hayes.
You can't go wrong with transferring anything from a big container to little ones.
We've done this many times.
I just mix up the containers and use rice or beans or whatever for variety.
I think "clean up time" is just as fun as the activity.  Hayes is a good little helper.
(Every mom of a toddler should have a hand vacuum!)
A is for apple craft.
Hayes enjoyed gluing the paper down on his glue dots I set for him.
Hanging the finished product on the fridge.  Hayes was so proud :)
"It's cute!"
I made a really quick felt board one day during Hayes's nap. 
I should probably make a new one haha.  It's pretty ghetto. He likes it though!
(Sorry for the blurry pic)
I plan on making a lot more felt figures. (Numbers, animals, letters, flowers, etc.)
Homemade play dough is a favorite! And soo easy to make!
It's also nice for toddlers who apparently never out grew the "put everything in your mouth" phase, as it is okay to eat.
Potty training Mr. Teddy Bear. 
We play "mommy" a lot with this bear.
I just love hanging out with this guy.  He is so much fun!

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love getting these ideas for when Hayden is a little older:) He is way too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have! Glad I looked at your post because I am going NUTS trying to keep Bryir entertained. I am doing all of those things. You should make cold weather kits and sell them to lazy parents like me !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheyna it is so hard in the winter huh?! ha my mom is coming down there in a week or so if you really want me to make you any of the stuff! It's really easy though :)

    ReplyDelete