Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Potty Rockin'

We embarked on the potty training journey this last week, and I must say it went much better than anticipated! I took Hayes to the dollar store last Wednesday and let him pick out some "potty prizes," to get him excited. I didn't actually plan on starting the whole process until the next Monday after I got back from our girl's weekend in St. George but, when we got home from the store he insisted I take off his diaper and let him sit on the potty because he wanted those toys so bad!  He sat on the potty for awhile but couldn't go.  I told him it might help to drink some water. So, for the next few minutes he would drink some water then go back to sit on the potty and say, "Hmm... let's see if this works." Haha.  Anyway, he finally went potty and earned his first prize!  Let me tell you, we whooped, hollered, high-fived, hugged, ran around... the works! So, potty training had begun.  I'm a little embarrassed to admit I  was kind of disappointed that Hayes had gone potty just like that.  I had big plans to decorate the bathroom, make a cute sticker potty chart and get his toys all set out in the cute basket I had bought.  Haha. I do realize how ridiculous that is.... After I put him down for his nap, I did hurry and print out a chart and tape it to the wall and organize the "potty prizes" in the basket. :) If we were doing this, we were gonna do it right!  Anyway, he has done so well!  We usually don't even have to remind him to go now.  We've had a few accidents along the way but overall he was totally ready for it, and is rockin' the cutest toosh in his big boy underwear.  Go Hayes!! (Also, yay for not having to buy 2 boxes of diapers everything month:))

No comments:

Post a Comment