Monday, November 30, 2015

A Christ Centered Christmas: Peg Doll Nativity

This little peg doll nativity has been a fun way to incorporate the Christmas story into the kids' play. I snagged a package of peg dolls here, added a bit of string and felt to them and voila! So, so simple. We have a glass nativity set that the boys were always wanting to hold and play with, which usually made me cringe; especially with Cohen, who is still learning the meaning of the words, "soft," and, "careful." I loved the idea of them having their own wooden set that they could play with and I didn't have to worry about! We've lost baby Jesus a few times, because Cohen tends to cart him around most haha. I'm glad he loves him.  It has also been a good conversation starter as they play with and ask questions about different characters in the nativity.






No comments:

Post a Comment