Thursday, November 5, 2015

Counting My Blessings

My days are spent hanging out with 3 of the craziest, cutest, sweetest, most energy filled little boys.   I was thinking the other day how busy my days are, but also how not busy my days are. Let me explain... 3 boys 4 and under is busy.  Everyone always needs something from you, all the time with very little breaks.  But, since they are all so young, we don't have a lot of activities or places we need to be.  We can just be together and play or do whatever we want pretty much every day.  Hayes is a creative soul and always has ideas of what we should do each day.  "Let's make instruments and be a marching band! You sit here and we will throw you candy." "Mom, you can just make us astronaut helmets and me and Cohen will be on a rocketship." "I know, how about first we get happy meals and then we go to the library and then we can do a project. Is that a deal?" Seriously, he never runs out.

One day he wanted to find big leaves for his "collection." (One leaf he saved on his dresser.) Anyway, we had nothing else going on, so we got ready and hopped in the car and headed off to find some really great leaves.  We ended up at a nearby park with tons of leaves to collect and to play in.  It was just what we needed.  It was perfect weather and the boys enjoyed throwing, crunching, and burying themselves in piles of leaves.  I just felt really grateful that day to spend my days watching them grow.  Even though I'm so tired right now I could sleep for 3 days straight, it is easy to count my blessings.










No comments:

Post a Comment