Tuesday, August 11, 2015

You've Got Mail!

I think a lot of parents would agree that it's hard to give each of your kids as much individual attention as you would like to.  It's something that has become even harder for me with the addition of baby #3.  Since the 2 younger boys require so much attention, Hayes kind of has to be Mr. Independent a lot of the time.  I had been trying for awhile to think of something that could be just mine and his "thing," and then I came up with these little mailboxes! I thought it'd be fun if we could leave "mail" back and forth for each other.  One mailbox is in Hayes's room and one sits on my nightstand. Drawings and dandelions frequent my mailbox most often, while I like to leave Hayes little notes and special "surprises."  He loves it, and it has been a fun way for me to make him feel special even though my hands are often full with his little brothers!





Hayes's was made out of an old Christmas decor mailbox that I thrifted and took some spray paint to. Mine is just a paper mache one from Hobby Lobby! 2 bucks! If your kids are like Hayes, they love to play make believe; this would be fun to have in each of their rooms so they can deliver each other mail any time!

No comments:

Post a Comment