Wednesday, November 23, 2011

22 Years Young

Monday was my 22nd birthday. I like birthdays. I think I'd like to start celebrating half birthdays as well. Everyone is nice to you on your birthday. They tell you you're wonderful and they love you. Even people you don't really stay in touch with wish you a happy birthday. I think that's nice. You get presents, and treats, and your favorite foods. Birthdays also give you the power of
"Since it's my birthday..." 
Examples: 
"Joe, since it's my birthday, can I have a foot massage?"
"Since it's my birthday, can we go out to eat?"
"Since it's my birthday, will you change Hayes's diaper?"
"Joe, since it's my birthday, can I get this coat?"
Works. every. time. 
I tried it the next day and said, "Since it's my birthday week, will you get me some cheesecake?" Haha. Didn't quite work that time. 
Anyway, I had a great day! Joe took me to my favorite place- Olive Garden. I'll choose to go there every time. My siblings had a dinner for me the night before and got me a new crock pot! I commented that present might be more for Joe, but I'm excited to use it! I love the idea of throwing a bunch of ingredients in the big pot, and a few hours later something amazingly delicious turns out.
Joe got me a new coat and boots! Whoo hoo. Okay, okay, I picked them out, bought them and said, "Joe this is what you're getting me for my birthday, okay?" haha. That night he brought me home flowers, my favorite treats, and the Justin Beiber Christmas album! (Don't make fun, you know you want it too.) Yes. Birthdays are great.

No comments:

Post a Comment