Sunday, November 6, 2011

6 Months

I have a six month old (as of yesterday)! Was it really half a year ago that I had my little baby? I was telling my mom that it has probably been the hardest six months of my life- and yet the best, most rewarding six months as well. I think back to bringing Hayes home and it has definitely gotten easier.  I'm not sure it's because Hayes is so much easier but I've adjusted to the life of a mom and learning not to stress so much.
Hayes is getting more fun all the time. He is a little jabber box. He says "bababa," "lala," he recently said "da" (which tells me he will be saying "da da" before "momma" ahh well) and a whole bunch of other jibberish. He loves to spit bubbles and make the silliest noises.
He can sit up by himself now.  As in, if you sit him there he can stay up by himself without falling right over- he doesn't sit up from his back or tummy yet.
We started him on other baby foods besides the rice cereal this week. He does pretty good depending on the night. Sometimes he's really good to open up and take bites- other nights we have to force the spoon in there and he just spits it right back out. It'll take some more practice. Hayes is not a big eater anyway.  He doesn't usually even like to nurse for very long. Just a big snacker.
Sleeping. Well, let's just say I need to start some kind of sleep training. He goes to sleep really easily- he just doesn't stay asleep so well. We always put Hayes to sleep with his silky blue blanket. Sometimes when Hayes wakes up wayy too early in the morning, we just put him in bed between us and he loves to play with Joe's face and usually sucks on his nose :). It's pretty cute.
Seriously, Hayes is the happiest little guy.  I know I always say this but he really is.  He is just so content with life and smiles all the time. I think he makes a lot of people feel special because he smiles at everyone and he gets giggling pretty easily.
I can't get enough of his little giggles. Lately, he has been getting so excited and it's like he can't smile big enough for his excitement and his head shakes a little. I've got to get a video.
He stays entertained watching his cousins Trey and Carter play and randomly starts laughing at Carter fairly often.
He weighs about 17 pounds and has been wearing his 6-9 month clothes for about a month.  I remembering buying some 9 month clothes before Hayes was born thinking how crazy it would be when I had a baby that big!
He's been a really cuddly little guy lately too. I love it. There's nothing better than cuddling with my cute little boy.
He still LOVES his dad and Joe is still obsessed with him. We both are. I think it's normal though. 
I'm trying to cherish every moment of this stage and I'm excited for all his milestones to come.

Hayes trying to grab the camera- I guess he was done with pictures.


2 comments:

  1. Aww, cutest photos. I just love your kid. Max just started talking a week ago too!

    ReplyDelete